If you have travelled from China or have been in contact with someone confirmed as having Coronavirus in the last two weeks, you may be at risk of Coronavirus. Please do NOT leave the house. Instead, ring 111 if:
- You have been in China in the last 14 days and develop cough, fever or shortness of breath; or
- You have been in Wuhan or Hubei Province in the last 14 days or have been in contact with someone confirmed as having Coronavirus, even if you feel well.
How Do I Make an Appointment?
To make an appointment please visit our consulting room.
All GP/Patient encounters are by appointment only.
Who do you need to see?
- Practice Nurse – Practice nurses are available for reviews on stable chronic disease management, blood pressure, new patient medicals, cervical smears, immunisations, Michelle Hannon administrates baby clinic every Tuesday afternoon.
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner- Naomi Smith. Naomi is a registered nurse who has received special training which enables her to perform some of the duties of a GP. Naomi can diagnose and treat the majority of routine illnesses and is able to make referrals, organise tests and prescribe medication
- GP – Where possible our reception team will try to give you an appointment with your preferred GP however this may mean you will have to wait longer for an appointment. All urgent appointments will be booked with the doctor available that day.
All children that are unwell and all patients with problems will be seen on the same day.
If you wish to speak to a Clinician rather than attend the surgery please leave your name and contact number, along with a brief outline of the problem and a Clinician will ring back after they have finished surgery.
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee a time for the telephone consultation but it is likely to be sometime between 11:00 and 13:00 for requests made in the morning and either before or after, afternoon surgery for requests received later in the day.
If you cannot make your appointment please let us know as soon as possible so we can offer the appointment to another patient. You can do this using our online form.
Unfortunately a number of patients book appointments and then do not attend without cancelling. This behaviour denies other patients access to our clinicians. The practice monitors these patients and persistent abusers may be asked to change surgeries.
Routine practice appointments are available
(pre-booked appointments only)
Monday – Friday 09:00 – 11:00 and 15:45 – 17:35
Thursday 09:00 – 11:00
Emergency and book on the day appointments are available each day.
To speak to a doctor/nurse please telephone between 11:30 – 12:00 or 15:30 – 15:45.
If you have a problem that you feel cannot wait, you will always be seen on the same day though you may not see the doctor of your choice. You may alternatively be offered an extended hours or improved access clinic appointment outside of the usual Practice opening hours.
If you cannot make your appointment please let us know as soon as possible so that we can allocate the appointment slot to another patient.
The clinicians at our practice make every effort to run on time however this is not always possible. Some patients may need longer than the allocated appointment time causing surgeries to run late. The practice asks for your patience in these situations as next time it may be you who needs longer.
Rainhill Village Surgery are pleased to announce that from 1st July 2019, extra appointments will be offered to patients in our practice through extended hours.
Rainhill Village Surgery will be offering the following appointments on a weekly basis:
- Tuesday: 7:45pm, 8:00pm
- Friday: 8:45pm, 21:00pm, 21:15pm, 21:30pm, 21:45pm, 22:00pm
- Saturday: 11:00am, 11:15am, 11:30am, 11:45am
- Sunday: 9:00am, 9:15am
The appointments will be held at Mill Street Medical Centre and Rainhill Village Surgery during the week and Bowery Medical Centre at weekends.
The service is being delivered by St Helens Rota.
Between 08:00-18:30 (Mon-Fri) you can contact the surgery for an appointment on this service or alternatively ring Rota directly on 01744 673 815 who can book an appointment for you
Evening and Weekend Appointments
For more information on evening and weekend appointments, see our news post.